Monday, February 09, 2015

{Mrs.Glaves}




“How do I know if he’s the one?” 
 I have asked myself this question way to many times for way to many guys I’ve liked while growing up.  
It wasn’t until I put my total trust in God for Him to answer my question, and much quicker than I would have expected Him to!
 
In the summer of 2012, I went to a Women’s Ministry with my mom and sister, (I was 16 years old)it was there where I felt God tugging at my heart, telling me to trust Him with my love life, and to let Him be my boyfriend for the time being, until I was ready, ready in His time to bring the right man along.  I really felt that God was also telling me to wait a year before I could start being with someone, I was too anxious to meet the “right” guy, I just had to give up my desire to God, and I was tired of being in control!  
I needed to be God’s “Girlfriend” and grow into the young woman He wanted me to be.
 
After that conference, every morning I was excited to read my bible, excited to spend time with God and pray!  For the first time in my life, I was on fire for God, and
I was an amazing feeling!
 
In that same summer, I got my first summer job at a church and it was in the children’s ministry.  I helped prepare for the VBS and Day camp; I even worked with the kids! I found a new love for children in the church!  Little did I know that I would meet my future husband who would be volunteering at the day camp for three weeks!
 
The very first day of Surge Day Camp I met Zak, I thought he was a regular looking guy, didn’t really think of him or noticed him very well for the first week.
 We talked here and there but, it wasn’t until the second week when I realised I was starting to like him!   
I started to look forward to go to work. I remember realising that I started liking him like “Oh no…. not again!” 
(Thinking he was just another guy I would be crushing on.
I was a sucker for guys who were great with kids,
He got me, OK?! LOL!    
Oh, if only I knew what
 God had planned for me with this guy! 
 
Getting kind of off topic here, I remember the very first day or Day camp, I got to know this little girl named Giovanna, she was 6 years old.  At the end of the first day, she came to me talking about how she didn’t like Zakshe said that he was mean because he would always look at her and she didn’t want to be around him. I thought she was so funny, I saw her teasing and playing around with Zak so I had a hard time believing that she didn’t like him.  
I just advised her to just not stay around him.  
“But what if he walks by?” Giovanna asked.
“Well then just pretend that you’re not looking at him,”
 I replied. “But what if he says hi?”
“Then just be polite and say hi back.” I answered.
I thought she was done with the questions until she asked, “Do you think Zak is cute?”
This was coming from a six year old!  
“Why do you ask that?” I asked her.
“I don’t know. I just want to know if you think he’s cute.”
She answered.
“I don’t know him.  So no I don’t think Zak is cute.”
She looks at me with a sheepish smile
“No, I think you think he’s cute.”
I just smiled as I could not believe
that she just asked me this!
 
It’s hilarious to think that this little girl was already teasing me about Zak the very first day I met him, when I didn’t even really speak to him...  
Anyways, back to my love story ;)
 
Zak and I finally got to talk and know each other more during that first weekend, (through facebook) and at camp. 
Zak would often say that we should hangout, but I’d always reply that he needed to ask my dad because I wasn’t allowed to hang out with guys by myself.
 
Later on, more of the kids we starting to ask if we liked each other, even the other leaders would tease us!
 It was so embarrassing since I didn’t think it was obvious that I liked him!
 
On the second weekend, Zak finally asked me through facebook if I liked him, of course I said YES!
But explained the situation that I didn’t want to date for a year because I felt God told me so, and I wasn’t supposed to date until I was 18 anyways and I didn’t want him to put his hopes up for me for a year in case he could meet someone.  
 
No matter how hard I tried to not get to “close” with Zak,
he kept pursuing me, first by telling me I was the first and only girl he was extremely serious about, and asking my parents to spend some time with me.
 
Needless to say we were allowed to hang out, but only with a group of friends and with my family and his.  
My family loved him, and he loved my siblings, which was something I really wanted in a guy!
What was amazing about the both of us is we had the same views and visions for dating, we both only wanted to date with the intent of getting married.  
 
Not just for fun and games, but we were both serious and wanted to do it right.  I thought it was amazing that I wasn’t the only one who thought that way.  
FINALLY someone who agrees with me!!!
 
Honestly, the “No dating and just stay friends for a year” rule that I set for myself was not working out so well because the more we saw each other, the closer we became.  
Throughout the next 4 months we started to act more as dating couple, we went from only hugging hello and goodbye, to holding hands, to saying I love you and to kissing.  
We finally decided to make our relationship official after new years of 2013. (Of course with my parent’s approval) 
I felt that God was saying, that
it was alright for me to move on.
 
Out of topic here… when I was little I randomly told my mom that I wanted to marry a guy who never kissed a girl before,
I wanted me to be his first (and him be my first.)  
It’s so awesome to realize that God was always listening to my silent prayers! Zak had never dated a girl, never kissed a girl!  It is truly an amazing answered prayer from the God Above! 
 
  I also had wrote a long list of 32 things that I wanted in a husband...Zak read it one day and said, “I’m sorry to break this to you, but I think I am the man of your dreams!”  
Zak fit ALL 32 Things on that list!
How COOL is that?!?!
 
We talked about marriage A LOT!  
My parentseven gave us "the okay" for us to get married when I turn 19, because they didn’t want us to have to struggle for a very long time, (you know what I mean.)  
 
But a while later Zak and I felt lead by God to get married once I turned 18, and my parents were perfectly okay with it!
 
I honestly would of much rather marry young and faster since I already did want to marry Zak, and I saw no point in waiting. Since we loved each other deeply and we didn’t want to fall into temptation and dishonor
God before we got married. 
  

 
We both looked for rings very early; He even bought the ring in front of me! FINALLY, Zak asked me to be his loving wife right after I was done grade 11! 
I was so excited to marry my bestfriend!!
 
We officially got married a year later, July 26th, 2014.  
 

I was 18 and Zak was 20. Yes, we were very young! I never would have dreamed to get married at such a young age!
 

Our wedding day was perfect!  I
t really was a dream come true! <3
 
I learned that by giving up my dream of wanting a man in my life and giving up the control to God is when He saw that I Finally trusted Him to do His work in HIS time.  
I will say that His timing is the BEST! 
Maybe the “one year” thing was a test for my patience,
only God knows!  
 

 
I am now happily married! We just celebrated our 6thmonth anniversary! YAY!!! I am super blessed to have Zak as my dear loving husband! I am seriously the happiest I’ve ever been. Zak is the most amazing, handsome, loving, romantic fun and funny guy on earth!  
 
I thank God for him every day! I can’t imagine spending the rest of my life without him. We have this saying,
“We’ll be married and live together for 120 years!”
I know, its a long time! haha but still ;)
We love each other to Heaven and Back,
and a googolplex times over!
 I am blessed.
 
Until Next Time,
 
~Mrs. Glaves
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: