Tuesday, February 10, 2015

{Mrs.Chevalier}

 

The way that a man and woman's relationship starts off as something small, but then eventually grows into something amazing is kind of like a farmer planting seeds in the ground and making sure he does everything he can to grow a healthy hardy crop that eventually, once matured, is ready to be harvested.  

 
 
As a farmers wife I know how much time, effort, hard work, and patience goes into the whole farming process.  I am blessed to have that farmer put the same amount of time, effort, hard work, and patience into growing our marriage. 
I am amazed to think how someone can be so strong when he needs to, but then be so soft around his wife.


 
 
Craig is totally laid back all the time!  Always happy and always smiling.  Ask anyone!!!  A complete blessing to someone who is tightly wound and controlling.
 

Lucky for me opposites attract. I am currently doing an online bible study and the other day I read something that jumped right off the page at me.  The author writes “ God intentionally orchestrated the relationships in our lives.

 
 


 He knew who would share your last name- or your four walls. Who would occupy a seat in your car pool or dwell in the house right next door. It didn't surprise him who would wind up as your in- law or be the one to teach your kids. All the humans you encounter throughout the course of the day are “ on purpose” people. God plopped them into your life for a reason!!” WOW!!
 
How amazing it is to have a Heavenly Father who cares so much for us that He places us exactly where we need to be. We are so blessed.
 
Today, I was listening to the song "One Thing Remains"
by Kristian Stanfill and I couldn’t help but think about the words “ your love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me” and later in the song….”on and on and on it goes, as it overwhelms and satisfies my soul, and I'll never ever have to be afraid…this one thing remains”. 


I know in this particular song Kristian is talking about Jesus' love for us, but as I was thinking about what I was going to write in this post I was feeling that I could totally relate this song with how I feel about Craig and our love for each other.


 I've heard the pastor speak before on Ephesians 5: 21-25 how a husband should love his wife just as the Lord loves the church. It's overwhelming at times to really feel the love that two people can share when you both invest time and effort into the relationship!!  
 
 

1 Corinthians 13: 4-7 reminds us...
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand it's own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Love will last forever, but prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will all disappear”.
 
 
On November 19, 2011 Craig and I stood in front of our friends and families and listened to the pastor and his wife incorporate this verse into our ceremony. 

 
We have the vows we wrote to each other in a frame above our bed as a constant reminder of what we promised each other the day we got married and the promise we made in front of God to be committed to each other.Marriage has been such a blessing to me. I have learned so much from Craig….how to be more patient, more kind, more considerate of others, and how to love more. My heart has grown so much for this man!! I am head over heals in love!!! With that,
I am totally gushing to share our love story…….



Craig and I started dating the last semester of our grade 12 year. We dated 4 years before we got married.  
On December 3, 2010 Craig called me and asked me to meet him at his house, we had to help his Uncle move some trees….(remember….Craig is a farmer this was nothing out of the ordinary for us!!). I met Craig at his house and we climbed in the tractor and drove the 23 kms to his uncles house. As we got to the back of the farm  Craig parked the tractor and said, "let's get out and go for a walk while we wait for Uncle Dave to show up". We got out and started walking down one of the trails hand in hand. At this point I wasn't thinking anything of it, but after walking for a little bit I started to get suspicious.  As we turned down the one trail I caught a glimpse of the candles placed on a hill in front of us…as we got closer Craig took my hand and turned and faced me….I went to hug him, and he pushed me back gently (he didn't want me messing up his plans!! : )  

He got down on one knee, pulled the ring box out of his sock….(yes his sock) opened it and asked me to make him the happiest man in the world!!  I said  "YES!!"


My prince and I got married 11 months later at our dream wedding and I couldn't be happier!!!!! We have been married 3 years now and everyday is an new adventure we can't wait to experience together.

 
Until Next Time,
 
~Mrs.Chevalier




No comments:

Post a Comment