Wednesday, February 11, 2015

{Mrs.Hill}



I met Nathan the summer of 2002. Both attending the young adults program at our church, we became fast friends. We grew closer and closer as phone chats, study dates and visits grew more and more frequent, and both felt our friendship spark a little flame around Christmas time of that same year.

On Valentines day 2003, I was working at my part-time job. That particular day I was opening with the assistant manager who was newly dating. I remember standing behind the counter staring out the big window chatting with her, when a van pulled up and a man with a long box jumped out. I immediately began teasing her saying 'Awwwww, he sent you flowers! How sweet!' To my surprise, that long box contained twelve long-stemmed roses for me, from Nathan!



On February 23, Nathan was baptized in water on the evening of a HUGE snowstorm! My family and I were unable to make it in to church that night (we lived just outside the city), but Nathan promised to call me as soon as he returned home from church that night! I was feeling so disappointed to have had to miss such an important moment in his life. He called me, as he promised, and the first thing he asked was if I would officially start seeing him! Of course I said YES! He was (and still is) my very best friend; I couldn't imagine calling anyone else in the world my boyfriend!

While dating we discovered we both had a tug on our hearts toward ministry. As we grew in our faith journeys together, we sensed that calling was to be shared as a couple and so we began to talk about life as a couple. On December 7th, 2003 Nathan purposed marriage, and I happily obliged. 

Over the next several months The Lord prepared our hearts for ministry and in May of 2004 we accepted a position in youth ministry at a church about an hour away. Our wedding was just a little over a month away and I can not think of a greater blessing than starting off our marriage confident in the fact that God was/is the author of our entire love story!



On July 10, 2004 we declared our love for one another in front of our family and friends at our beautiful wedding ceremony! While it was absolutely a wonderful day, I can't say it was the best day of my life. We've had our ups and downs, but I can honestly say that everyday is better than the last! Nathan is the very man that God chose for me, and I couldn't be happier!

We are still serving in ministry at our second church (of eight years) and together we have four beautiful children: Ben (6), Sophia (5), Spencer (2) and Grayson (4.5 months)!


Mandy was born and raised in Halifax, Nova Scotia, now living in south-western Ontario with her family. She has been married to her handsome husband Nathan for 10+ years and together they have served in ministry for the entirety of their marriage. They have four beautiful children; Benjamin (6), Sophia (5), Spencer (2) and Grayson (4.5 mos.). She is passionate about singing, worship leading and music. She loves to read, write, paint, and sip peppermint hot chocolate at Starbucks while chatting with a friend! She strives to be tidier, more organized (yes, she is a little compulsive!), a little more Martha Stewart-esque, and a little less ‘unglued’. Most of all she seeks to be holier and to love God through serving her family and her community.

 
 
Until Next Time,
 
~Mrs.Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment