Saturday, September 06, 2014

{Guest-Post} "What's your situation?"



 
Written By: Janette Marquardt 

 
Have you ever thought your situation was too big? Too big for you to face the day, too big for anything good to come out of it? Too bigyes, I will say it, for God to handle?

Let’s have a sister to sister moment, shall we? Let me introduce myself. My name is Janette. I love everything about heels, dresses, makeup and hair…but before I lose the interest of all those who just cringed at the sound of those “girly” words, I also love to hunt with my uncles, go mudding with 4 wheelers, and play sports with the guys. I call this love and excitement for both these worlds
living a balanced life”, and yes, my friends wouldn’t be taken off guard if they saw me in my high heels and nice dress walking down the street with my fishing pole.  
 
 
 
Now that you know a little about me lets dig deeper.  
Let me ask you the question again, have you ever thought your situation was too big, and yes, too big for God to handle? The situation such as your parents divorce, your best friend betraying you, your father dying, not having the financial means to fulfill your dream in getting a college/university education?
 
 
The list can go on and on. Our situations can be all sizes, from small to large, but no matter what the size, are we taking the worry of these situations upon ourselves and trying to solve them underour own strength? Or do we trust the God of our universe to come alongside of us no matter what situation is at hand? I would love to say that I never struggled with this question, that I always remembered God was in control, loved me with unconditional love, and wanted to act on my behalf in every situation…but I would be lying.  I would be lying to say that I never have allowed fear and worry to creep into my thoughts and into my day all the while having a smile on my face pretending that all was fine in my world.
 
Looking from the outside in I look like I have it all together,
I wear the right clothes, do my hair the right way, wear the right make up and jewelry, have a great social circle and a great job. I do love Jesus, volunteering my time at church, and purposefully investing in those around me. I have a house, a nice car, great church family, and friends…but my situation in my life right now is that I am… single…. 29 and single. Now being single never was an issue all through my teens, and up to my mid 20’s.
 
 
Was it because I was dating at that time? No, I was not.
Since I was 18 I committed to God that the next person I dated would be the person I marry. I was content in that decision, and never did I think twice about it. I decided to stay busy in my single years and get an education, get involved in serving the community and church, and stay busy in my social realm
 
But this year, for some reason, it really hit me that I was still single. Maybe it was because the majority of my friends were married and starting their families, either way, whatever the reason, I began to have a lot of unrest. I began to worry about the future and worry that I would never meet a man who was sold out for Christ. And what does worry and unrest stem from? Not ultimately trusting my Savior.
 
The bible says in Philippians 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything” so why do we worry and try to take control of the situation? The rest of that verse continues to say “but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” 
 
This verse challenges us to submit daily whatever we are facing into the loving and all powerful hands of our loving Father, not complaining, but in a spirit of thanksgiving. Once I started to voice my concerns to God and daily (sometimes hourly) submit this area of my life to Him, I began to have peace and experience rest.
  
This was not because God miraculously dropped a godly man into my path, but because my perspective changed.  I was reminded that He is on ththrone, His ways are higher than mine, and that He does love me. Do I still have days that I have unrest and worry? Yes. Do I have days where I wish God would drop my future husband into my path TODAY?
 
 
Yes. Every day I come to Him and choose to hand my situation over to Him, because I know I am not strong enough to carry it along with me throughout my day.  
We were not meant to carry any of our burdens but rather submit them to Him. (Matthew 11:28-30) No matter whatyou are facing today, dear sister, I challenge you to come to Him every day. You may be like me and have to submit these things not just daily, but sometimes hourly.
In Him we will find rest. Trust Him. Pour your heart out to Him in prayer. Listen to Him by reading His word. Let Him reshape your thinking and give Him your situation. Rest.
 
 


About Janette:



Janette Marquardt PT, MPT, BScKin is a Registered Physiotherapist who has specialized in courses of Advanced Manual and Manipulative Therapy, Acupuncture, Concussion and Vestibular Rehabilitation. She has a great desire to provide physiotherapy services to individuals who have been freed from sex trafficking. She lives in Ottawa, Ontario and greatly enjoys investing in the lives of others. Janette loves everything about the outdoors such as, but not limited to, kayaking, running, fishing, and hiking. She has a weakness for White Chocolate Mochas from Starbucks and her favorite food is steak and pasta.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment