Wednesday, September 03, 2014

SURPRISE {Guest-Post}

He Most Definitely Will Provide!


 

By: Monika Jezierski


I worry. A lot. About little things, about big and more important things. I worry about what my vocation is, where I should go to school, what I should wear  for church...
(I do actually plan my outfits ahead of time...)

Last week at my church, the priest's homily was about God providing for us.
I was quite shocked. I had been worrying about all these different things, and although I knew Jesus was right by my side, I had forgotten that simple little truth.

He will most definitely will provide us with our needs!

Here I am. Almost done high school and about to start a new chapter of my life. After I graduate I am going to a liberal arts school for a year or two, but after that? I have no idea... I am worried about the choices I am going to have to make. I am worried about what my career should be. I am just plain worried about the future.

So how to stop all this worrying?
Do we go and watch our favourite chick-flick?
Do we snuggle up on the couch with a good cup of tea?
Nope. Although I am sure it would help a teensy-weensy bit.

We must go straight to Our Lord's open arms and stay there.
Stay there and trust that He will provide for us.

Trust that in tight situations when we feel stuck, He will open doors for us. Opportunities (and challenges) will arise. Since Jesus is in our hearts, it only makes sense for us to "follow our hearts". If we stick to what we know is right and are guided by the principles and values of our faith, then we will never lose sight of Him and His plan for us.

We have to pay attention to this very important truth, (and if I have to say it over and over I will) He will provide!

Isn't that exciting? That means that whenever we're stuck, we don't need to worry about what's next in life, because we know that He is there. He is there, waiting, in case we should fall.

So why don't we just jump?

In the words of Anna, Princess of Arendelle, "Wow. That was like a crazy trust exercise!"
That is what our Faith is. A crazy trust exercise. And just like Anna leaped and landed in Kristoff's capable arms, so too must we finally jump. And when will find ourselves in our Lord's providing arms. 
 
About Monika:




(Kerrington Left & Monika Right)
 
 
Monika Jezierska is a Polish Catholic homeschooler who loves her family, her dog, and most of all her Saviour.
She spends most of her time goofing off with her three sisters, baking, crocheting, and reading. Writing has become one of her hobbies, and she is working on several stories. Chocolate covered raisins and a hot cup of tea are her favourite ways to relax, along with watching Anne of Green Gables. Monika is striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman, and is in search of beauty, truth, and goodness in every day life.

No comments:

Post a Comment