Sunday, February 08, 2015

{Mrs.Armaly}

 

Not only is my story about falling in love with my husband, it’s about falling in love with my Saviour.
 
Before you can understand how my romantic story began, it’s first important to know my spiritual journey and how the two intertwine.  I grew up going to a mainline church.  I’d have to say I was a pretty good kid – I didn’t get mixed up with the wrong crowd or do real crazy things as a teenager.  I was not a born-again believer, but knew Jesus existed and that we were to follow how he lived.  As a teenager, I started a journey of wanting “more” in my spiritual life, something that wasn’t being met at my current church.
 
Shortly after this journey began, I met Jay (my future husband).  We were both involved in gymnastics and would see each other at the gymnastics club practicing.  We both took note of each other and he did actually try to talk to me, but in my utter shyness I accidentally….unintentionally shot him down

I thought I had ruined any chance for a future relationship.  I found out later that Jay had went home the first time he saw me and told his parents this girl was glowing (that would be me) and he had just met the girl he was going to marry! Through a mutual friend, we did eventually meet again and I was able to overcome my shyness and actually hold a conversation with him.
 

One of the greatest hurdles in the beginning was Jay taking a leap of faith and sharing his belief in God.   He knew that he had to share it all with me and let me decide if we would go further in this relationship.  He shared how his mom was a Pastor and how they had church in their basement. Little did he know that this was an answer to my prayer of wanting more in my spiritual life!  
God certainly knows how to set us up.
 
  He knew that I wanted more and this was how He provided it for me!  He is so good.  Not only did I fall in love with Jesus, but I was starting to fall in love with Jay. We talked on the phone everyday.  

There was never a time when we got sick of each others company.  
We loved doing things together and dreaming of the future.
 

Many say marriage is old and out dated and love isn’t even real.  We would both argue the opposite.  Although Jay is the man of my dreams and is everything I wanted in a man, this is not what has made our marriage great.  We have worked hard at keeping our love on.  
 
Love really is about thinking first of the other person.  
At home and in ministry we really try to help each other do greater things.  It’s not about reaching our own goals, but seeing our spouse reach theirs.  And because we each do that for each other, we continue to excel in what God has called us to do.
 
I don’t believe in love at first sight, but I also don’t think the feelings we had early on have ever gone away.  This is the most amazing part of love itself.  It never grows old and is always going deeper.  We now get to experience this love with our three children.  We hope we can model what a loving relationship is for them for when they are ready to embark on this amazing journey themselves.
 

Our love is not old but grows new everyday.  This was God’s design for you, me and everyone he created!
 


Until Next Time,

~Mrs.Armaly ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment