Saturday, June 14, 2014

{Father's Day Special}

 
 

"My dad, My hero." 
 
My Dad. Someone who was there to spill tears
of happiness when his eyes fell upon my little face,
as I entered this world.  
My Dad. The first young man to ever fall in love with me.
Someone who works very hard to support his family.
 
 
My Dad. Someone whose arms were stretched
out, as he watched me take my first steps,
then stumble and fall.
(right into the video camera)
Someone who protects his family in times of hardship.
 
Someone who twirled me around, and danced with me
in the parking lots, as we walked into the grocery stores.
Someone who bought me, my first corsage,
for my grade 8 graduation.
He is someone who watches
 me grow, as the lines on his face grow.
 
Someone who wrestles and tickles
and is constantly trying to scare me...
(and he does....every single time! ;))
Someone whose laugh is contagious
and smile sincere.
 
He is someone who cheered me
on as I entered my freshman year of high-school.
Someone who has seen my many worst hair-days ever.
Someone who takes me on Motor-cycle rides,
to the ice-cream shop.
 
Someone who takes silly selfies with me.
Someone who is constantly on the look out,
when the boys started to lurk around.
Someone who is always there and ready
to embarrass me...
but that's just part of life!
 
Someone who makes a mean grill cheese.
Someone who helped me learn to color inside the lines.
Someone who held my little
hand while crossing the street.
Someone who is armed (not literally
 to scare all those boys away.

Someone who
would run into a burning building,
risking his own life to save others lives.
Someone who would sacrifice, so others could have.
My Dad. Someone who is the kind of guy who gets
 up in the middle of the night to fight the fires of our community. Someone who is unselfish
and constantly ready to give.
 

Someone who is steadfast and
not afraid to stand up for the truth.
Someone who is a strong man of faith.
Someone who is Courageous.
 
 


 
Dad, Today I dedicate this Blog-post to you on this wonderful weekend we celebrate Father's!
I take this moment right now to honor you for everything, 
you do for our family and
so many other families in our Community. 
I thank you for always being a man of integrity and of respect. I pray that God continues to use you greatly!!
Love you forever!
Happy Father's Day ❤️

 
 
 
 
Until Next time, 

~Kerrington 



 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment