Thursday, June 12, 2014

{Father's Day week Guest-post}


Written By: Lindsay Girard 

When I hear the word dad I often think of my dear dad, Anthony Girard and other times I often think of 
our Heavenly Father. 

I have been so blessed to have my dad. He is someone
that I can go to for anything, and everything. 
He is always there for me. 

I have always been a daddy's little girl, ever since I was little...I would want to help dad with whatever he was doing,
I would "help" him fix something,
or I would often try to mimic him. 

We had this routine that we would do every night before bed, he would read the book Butterfly Kisses, 
then he would give me butterfly kisses as he tucked me into bed. 
Tradition lives on and he now
still gives me butterfly kisses every night. 

I love my dad. He is so very special to me, and I thank God for him everyday. 

Having a dad is a precious gift from God, because they show us what true love is, and they look out for us. 

I truly could go on for hours about how much I love my dad, and all the things I use to do with him, or that we do now. 

However, I think what makes our father/daughter relationship even more special, is that God is in it. 

My dad has helped me in so many different ways with the guidance from God. 

Dads are wonderful and we often forget that! 
God has placed them there to show us love, respect, and what we should be looking for in a man. 

Happy Father's Day to all fathers! 

Be blessed!
~Lindsay

About Lindsay:



Hi! I'm Lindsay Girard :) 
I am 17 years old and I've grown up in a Christian home...but that doesn't mean my life has been easy and sugar-coated.
 I have hit a lot of rough patches throughout the years. 
The hardest one was when my grandma
passed away 2 years back. 
 
I went through a very tough time of depression. I was angry with God for taking her away. However, during this time I found myself reading the bible and praying more. 
Because of this I have become so much very stronger in my faith and walk with God. In April, I got water baptized, that was a very big step, but I am proud 
that I made it. I thank and praise God daily, for my life. 

I am planning on going to college in the fall to become an Air-craft technician...incase you don't know what that is.
An aircraft tech, is someone 
who fixes and repairs airplanes. 
I look forward to seeing where God sends me :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment