Wednesday, June 11, 2014

{Father's Day Week Guest Post}

 
Written By: Rachel Brehaut

      In the 1960's, a television show by the name of
“Father Knows Best,” told the story of a fun-loving family and their escapades through their children's growing up years. It showed a beautiful, wholesome view of family life, something we don't see very often today. It showed how a family should be, beginning with a Father who leads his family in the right way, in the way they should go. The title of the show is right...Father always does know best, even when we don't agree sometimes! 

       Today, Fatherhood has lost it's sense of leadership and responsibility. There are hardly any men who will lead their families with pride anymore. You hear of more and more guys who walk away from their families, or just plain can't handle having the responsibility of children who depend on them...or they just “feel” that they don't want to be a part of the lives of these individuals that they brought into the world anymore.  

This quote from Billy Graham, to me, pretty much sums up our world's view of a good Father today....
   “A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.”

 I believe strongly, that if more people had the good, strong influence of a Father in their lives, there would be a lot less messed up people in our world today. 

  Besides an earthly Father, we also need our heavenly Father to guide us in our way. I have been thinking about the comparisons between God our heavenly Father, and our Father's here on Earth. Part of being a Father is committing to loving your children always, even before they are born! 

"We love Him, because He first loved us.” ~1 John 4:19.

God has had us in His heart since before this world was in existence. I have always felt that when a child knows that they are loved, they know how to love others better when they grow older. Having the love of  father who knows of God's love is another of the greatest blessings you can possibly have in your life. I know that blessing, and in a very special way....

      On July 1st, 1996, I came into this world.
But it wasn't like it usually is. 
My birth mother was an unmarried woman,
with one child already. 
So, she had decided to give me up for adoption. It was a hard decision for her to make, but I believe she made the right one. She even said that she was going to chose the parents herself...and I think she did a pretty good job of that too! 

And so, I was handed into the loving stretched out arms of Don and Margie Brehaut. 
They had been married for 24 years,
and had no children of their own when I joined their lives.
I was their “late in life blessing” as Dad always says. 

They promised to bring me up in the fear of the Lord, together, as one. I've spent my whole life under my Dad's faithful teaching and preaching at the two church's my Dad has pastored at during my life.

    Adoption is such an amazing blessing, and I praise God for the family that I have, and the love that we share. It isn't easy, but if it is right and has God's blessing on it, it can be a truly amazing thing. I praise God for every Father out there, who loves his children unselfishly, and strives to bring them up in the fear of the Lord, and I pray for their encouragement. 

Being a Dad is a tough job, there are lives depending on you, human beings that come to you for help and guidance. 
 Yes, it is hard, but Father's have the greatest example that anyone could possibly have, our Heavenly Father,
the Lord Jesus Christ.

  There are other examples in God's Holy word for Father's, take Abraham, and his selfless love for God and his own son, his complete dependance on God to provide a sacrifice to take the place of his own dear son. 

   Another is Joseph, Jesus' own Father, who instead of stopping his son from speaking to others about God for fear of embarrassment, chose to let Him bring glory to God. Praise God for that!
      I would like to ask you to think about your own Father's now. Were they the kind of example of being a Dad that you would like to have, or be for any guys out there who might possibly be reading this! Was or is your Father Christ-like? 

And you, ladies, is that the kind of husband and Father to your children that you want? Or are you happy with just a guy who will stay with you only while he's kept happy,
before running off with the next option.

  Young ladies, these are things you need to consider now as well, while you have the chance. What kind of man do you want to marry someday? Do you want a boy, who doesn't know how to commit, of a man who will be the kind of
Christ-like Father we should desire?

      My prayer for each and every one of you is that in whatever stage of life you are at right now, that these are the things you will desire for your own life.

         And this Father's Day, take the time to let your Dad know you love him, and appreciate all he does for you, and for your family. I know that's what I'm going to do! And remember.....Father knows best! 

May God bless each and every one of you richly. 😊

 
About Rachel: 


Hello, I'm Rachel Brehaut! 
I have been home-schooled since day one to my current grade...actually! haha
just graduated grade 12 last Saturday :) 
Happy to be done and headed 
right into the next season of life. 'University life'
coming this fall as 
I dive right into the nursing program. 
I am a blessed Pastor's Daughter,
grown up in the church
and accepted Jesus Christ,
as Lord of my life, at a very young age. 
I am super excited to follow God's lead in my life
and looking forward to where he sends me in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment