Tuesday, June 10, 2014

{Father's Day Week Guest-Post}




Written by: Jennifer Howson 

I don’t have enough words to explain my dad… he’s kind, strong – physically and spiritually, and very honest! He will stand up for what’s right no matter who is against him. My dad cares more about helping people than himself. 


He will spend countless hours working at a neighbor's home to fix something or volunteering to help with recruit training at the fire hall.

My daddy spends his days working hard on our family dairy farm where he gets up at 5:30am each day to milk and feed the cattle. It seems like every single time he finally catches up on his sleep, he has another fire call that keeps him up half the night. 


When he’s not working, he’s usually volunteering his time at church or helping friends with their work.
I will be honest and tell you that my dad is not perfect. He does have some faults. But I do look up to him for guidance in my walk with Christ, and for guidance in other areas of my life. I know that my dad will do anything to keep me safe, no matter the cost and that really is what makes my dad such a great father.


My dad means more to me than pretty much anything else.
If you offer me a shopping trip or time working with my dad on the farmI almost guarantee that I will pick going with my dad. I love going with my dad into the field or into town. 


I love when we get those few times a year where he finds time to take me out, just him and I. I love when he asks me to come hang out with him even if he does not need the help.
 
There is a song that I listen to often (Daddy’s Girl by 1 Girl Nation) and it speaks of a father/daughter relationship. The song is so true for my relationship with my dad. People say I have his eyes, but I’ve always wanted to become just like him… and have his heart! He is so kind to everyone! 


He’s my first call when I need advice. 
He always knows the right words to say. There are so many other girls who could be in my place and I get to be his – thank God!


I know that no matter what I can always trust my daddy. He will always do his best to help me with whatever I need, even if it’s something he hates doing. 
I can honestly say that when the time comes for me to start my courtship, 
I will be looking for a young man with the same qualities as my father:  a loving, selfless, honest, spiritually strong man who loves Christ more than anyone 
(even me). 


I pray that one day, I will be as good of a mother as he is a father to me. I thank God that he continually shows me a godly example of how a man should treat his wife,
 children and his friends.
 


About Jennifer: 
 

Howdy! My name is Jennifer Howson, known to most, by my nickname, Jenni
I am a BIG farm girl who loves working with cattle and getting dirty in the fields! God has called me to become a missionary, although I do not know where or when at the moment. I hope that someday I will go to different countries and help start libraries for less fortunate communities. I also pray that my experience of growing up on a dairy farm will help me someday on the mission’s field. I thank Kerrington for giving me this awesome opportunity to tell you about my amazing, loving father. I hope you enjoyed my post! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment