Saturday, March 07, 2015

Women Empowering Women {Day Five}


Written by: Alyssa Morden 







Hi. My name is Alyssa Mae Morden. It’s nice to meet you. J Do you mind if I ask you a question? No? Okay, here goes…
What’s your story?

How would you answer that question? What was the first thing that came to your mind when you thought about it? Was it something great you’ve accomplished? Some fantastic place you’ve been? Perhaps how you were raised? Where you grew up? Or maybe your job? Your family? Your schooling?

When I was asked this question I answered by talking about how I’d gone to India. Yep, I’ve been to India. I was there for five weeks in fact. Pretty impressive, eh? I thought so.

Much later, when that conversation was over and done with, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. What is my story? Why was India my answer? Well, I think how we answer that questionreveals what we think is the most important thing about us. I picked my trip to India because I thought it was impressive. I wanted to wow this person. I wanted them to think, “Woah, she went to India! Her life is awesome!” But really, going to India doesn’t even come close to the most important thing about me. So…what is it really? What’s really my story? To put it simply:I once was lost but now I’m found, was blind but now I see. My story is one of redemption and of a life empowered by Jesus Christ. The most important thing about me…isn’t about me after all, it’s about Jesus.


I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20)
 
“As for you [that’s you and me], you were dead in your transgressions and sins…But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.” (Ephesians 2:1;4-5)
 
“May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.” (Galatians 6:14)
 
Do I still think that going to India is pretty cool? Of course! Dude! I’ve been to INDIAAnd I’m positive the things that you have done/are doing are pretty fab, too. But these things are only possible because of God. He has given us the abilities and opportunities we have and when we live and grow in Him day by day He empowers us to use them to be more like Him and reflect who He is to the world.
So, let me ask you again…
What’s your story?
 
 About Alyssa Morden: 

Alyssa Morden is a 22 year old homeschool graduate whostrives to be like Jesus. She enjoys life, loves people and is known for her constant smile.  She is involved with the music program at her home church and leads their youth group with her boyfriend, Anthony. She loves the Lord and looks for opportunities to share about Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment