Tuesday, February 03, 2015

{Mrs.Meyer}

 


I’ve been asked to write my love story, so here it goes.  However, in order to do that I would have to go back two years before I even met my husband.  I remember the day like it was yesterday.  I was at a “Passion” Conference with Louie Giglio, the first one ever in Canada.  
I found it amazing that I could be in the company of so many young men who were clearly in love with their Jesus!  

As I stood there worshiping, I had a little conversation with God. It was so evidently clear on the faces of the men leading worship that they were Godly men. I asked God if he could send me a man who was in love with him like these men were.  
I felt him speak to my heart straight to my heart: “If you want someone who is in love with me you will need to wait another two years for him.  Are you willing to wait?”

Now, two years may not seem like a long time, however I was already 25 years old.  At this point in my life I found it difficult going to weddings.  

I was happy for my friends who were getting married however felt like I was forgotten - I felt very alone. 
I watched all my friends get married and now their younger siblings. 
It was difficult watching people 5 years younger than me get married while I was still single and without any prospect husband on the horizon.   

However, I made the decision that day to wait. And wait I did. I will confess to hoping God meant I had to wait two years until I got married but deep down I knew it would be two years before I would start dating.

The first time I saw my husband was 1.5 years after the Passion Conference. We were having a conference at our church and one of the older men of our church told my husband to come out because there were lots of pretty young single Christian girls at his church. ;) 

That was enough of an incentive for him to come. I was working the multi-media projector that night, which meant I was at the back and had to keep my eyes open most of the worship – it’s hard getting the correct words on the screen when your eyes are closed, I tried it.  



My husband didn’t know anyone there that night so sat at the back.
I clearly remember him worshipping with his hands held high. I remember thinking  “hummm there’s a good-looking young guy who likes to worship.  What about him God?”  God’s response was “Your two years are not up yet.”  So I left it at that.  

I did not pursue him in any way. In fact my husband had befriended a guy in our young-adults group whom I really did not like so I kept brushing him off anytime he tried speaking with me.  


I made it a little difficult for him but he was persistent (thank You God!).  6 months passed which meant my two years of waiting were over. 
I was still not dating and started questioning my ability to hear God’s voice. Little did I know that exactly at this point my husband had made up his mind to ask me out on a date because he wanted to get to know me better before asking me out officially. 

However, he had just invited a new girl out to our Young Adults meetings and didn’t want to leave her all alone so felt he needed to make sure this other girl had made friends before pursuing me. It was a very difficult time for me, but I obviously got over it. The Friday before Christmas Aaron asked me out for coffee. 
8 months later we got married.  
 




We are still happily married. And that my friends, is my “love” story.
 

Until Next Time, 

~Mrs.Meyer❤

No comments:

Post a Comment