Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I dare you to...Find your Identity!



 
 
Identity is a word that often generates the questions, “Who I am?”,  “What’s my worth?” or even “What’s my purpose?” In our generation, we all go through an “Identity Crisis”; a journey which can be long, and sometimes painful. Our identity is our sense of self. It is the thing that gives us confidence in how we interact with others despite changes in our circumstances. We often identity ourselves by lesser things than how God identifies us. Some ways could be our relationship status, our clothes, our placement in a group, or even by how many followers we have.
 

 
Dare of the day: 

I dare you to....Find your identity!
 
Basing our identity in Christ changes everything. It gives us a brand NEW IDENTITY...righteous, virtuous and powerful, because it is HIS identity. Jesus Christ is our identity because we are in Him. He alone is our ultimate source. 
Now you might be thinking.. “I've made too many mistakes for God to share His identity with me..”  But this is where you’re cheating yourself. God has too much love for us to let that happen. He will never forget us. He will never forsake.  By accepting Him as our Lord and Savoir... we already have an Identity in Him.
 
Since our new Identity is in Christ... We are!  
  ~A Child of God(John 1:12)   
~New Creation(2 Corinthians 5:17)         
~Forgiven(1 Peter 2:24)     
 ~ Masterpiece(Ephesians 2:10)             
~ Loved (1 Thessalonians 1:4)   
~Chosen, holy, blameless(Ephesians 1:4)      
~Never Alone(Deuteronomy 31:8)   
 ~Whole in Christ(Colossians 2:10
~Beloved(Jeremiah 31:3)     
~Free( Galatians 5:1)      
      
Let’s take a closer look at one for our “Verse of the Day”


Verse of the Day:
Today’s verse is from 2 Corinthians 5:17. It reads...

”Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away, the new has come!”
Wow!!! Talk about powerful! If ANYONE is in Christ, he is a NEW creation!! It doesn't matter what you've done in the past...Words you might’ve said, actions you've shown, decisions you made....Gods’ blood washes away it all. It’s ALL forgotten. He is always ready to forgive. There is nothing we can do to separate us from the love of God,
(Romans 8:38-39)   

Finding our Identity is challenging and frustrating when the world tells us differently... but #Nowisthetime

Action Plan of the Day:
Today’s dare is a big one, yet very important.  Now that we know what our identity is, we need to believe and walk in it. Take this challenge, and do it for a month. Declare this New Identity over your life. It’s nothing but the truth. From God’s heart to ours, it’s a message we all need to hear.
My New Identity.
I am a new creation in Christ, The old is passed away, all things have become new. I am in Jesus, and Jesus is in me. Greater is He who is in me, than He who is in the world. I’m loved!! I’m accepted!! I’m forgiven!! I’m kept by His Power.  I’m always loved!!  I will never be forgotten!! I’m adopted into an amazing family that I will NEVER be kicked out of. The blood of Jesus Christ cleanses me from all my sin. Therefore, because my God loves me, all things, All things, ALL THINGS, work together for my good. Because I’m loved by God, and I’m called according to His purpose and this is what His purpose is. For me to be conformed into the image of Jesus, which means I’m gonna look like Jesus.
I’m seated with Christ in the heavenly places. Far above all
princeofpalletise, powers, or evil forces. Therefore, every place that I put my foot belongs to the kingdom of God. Where I go, the atmosphere changes. Where I go, God’s kingdom goes. Where I got, the Holy Spirit invades. People cannot, not be transformed when I walk into the room. Because I have the resurrection power that raised Jesus’ body from the grave, living in me. I have everything I need, that that the power of the Holy Spirit to live like Jesus. And everywhere I go, people will be transformed. Because I am a new creation in Christ.
If you like, join us on insta-gram and post something that has to do with our “New” Identity. A verse, a quote, or even a testimony....  Let us Encourage one another and be shinning lights for God.  Don’t forget to use the hashtag  #Daretochange #Nowisthetime #Identify
 
So what do you say?..... 
Are you up for a Dare?

 

 Until Next Time,
~Beth

 

No comments:

Post a Comment