Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Dark Valley...

Quite recently, I read a young girl's status (whom I did not know) explaining her 'self-cutting' situation. She then went on to say that she was raised in a very poor, dark neighbourhood and had been raped more times than she could even remember. 

She was beaten, bruised, and scared. 
She felt unworthy to live.


Because of her horrific situation 
she was told by many doctors, 
that she would never be able to bear children in her future. 

The pain and sorrow that was on display was so real...so crushing.

This girl, 16 years of age in the 
Foster care system. Now just recently adopted into Canada, 
from a foreign country. 

As I was reading this it hit my heart like a ton of bricks, 
16 years old...same age as me.
Tears are now flooding my eyes. 

As I looked at her life and 
then looked at my own. 
My heart began to truly ache. 
The things I daily complain about, 
are the things she would so long to have; Loving parents, siblings...
happy family. 

Today, I am stepping back and being grateful for the many blessings I have. 

This letter is for you young girl who was so vulnerable and courageous to explain her situation, so that she could receive the support and encouragement she needed. 

She may never see this, but with the God I serve, all things are possible. 

Dear Young Girl,

Whom is scared and beaten...
There is a God who see's your pain and the hurts you hold on to.
He's here to restore you and completely clean you free of the past. 
Psalm 51:7 says...
"Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow." 


He will wash you as white as snow. 
He is a healer who will heal all your wounds, he's here for you in this low, dark valley...and he will be with you on the high glorious mountains of victory. He's always with you. 

I am praying and 
thinking of you lots today. 
I don't even know you, but my heart is hurting for you and is very excited 
for your soon coming victory! 


Though you may feel as if you will never see a 'Victory' in your life, because of your past...
Your victory declares The Lord is right around the corner!! 

God has BIG plans for your life! 
Keep your head up :) 

Until next time, 

~Kerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment