Monday, February 24, 2014

Abandonment




Experiencing the true, pure love life of Jesus Christ
requires a little more than just
prayer and Scripture studying.
It calls for a total abandonment to Him. 

Sometimes, the word "Abandonment" can be a very frightening word for some. 
It's likely a fear of losing all the little control they have over their life to a God, they don't even know if he actually exists. These attacks go on over, over, & over again in their minds as they contemplate how free they would actually feel, if they could just let go of the pain & the trials that have held them back from 
that total surrender & abandonment to our King of kings. 
 
 
Abandon- 
to leave and never return to. 

Awhile back, maybe a year ago 
I was at a girls church group 
& I decided to make a public,
permanent decision for the rest of my life on earth. 
(I know...scary thought eh?!)

A Decision, that would never be regretted or taken back. 
A decision, that I would one day look back on
& be so grateful for. 

That Decision was, 
From that day forward...  
That I would Abandon my heart & 
my earthly "Love life" to God! 
Until he wanted to open that door. 
I was to leave it completely at the foot of the cross
& to not return to that area of my heart,
until God said so. 

I did this not at all out of a want or need of gratification, or applause or even the little-silliest thing of, attention.
(Because I know we all love the spot light...) 

I did this as an act of obedience to
my Precious, Heavenly Father.
I did it out of a step in faith, 
believing that God would one day
open that door in my heart,
all in his perfect timing. 

I like to be referred to as an "Abandoned Believer". 
Being abandoned doesn't mean
I'm more Holy or even remotely
at all closer to God. 
Because I still make mistakes, 
I still have trials, 
I still have those very messy-emotional moments, 
I am still human, 
but at least this time, 
I got God on my side cheering 
me on! 

Now that you have read about this sweet
Freedom that comes from total Abandonment, 
Are you ready to experience it in your own life?! 
All it takes is a simple prayer & a step in Faith!! 
Ready. Set. Abandon. 

Let's Pray this over our lives together:
Dear Heavenly Father, 
We just simply say, Thank you so much for
the ability of being able to Abandon ourselves in you.  
God, thank you for that sweet Freedom
we receive when we give our everything to you.
God we look to you in this very moment,
because you are where our help comes from. 
Our Arms are high & our hearts are totally abandoned.
We stand in awe of you, the one who truly gave it all. 
Our souls, Jesus to you we surrender. 
For you are our everything! 

In your precious name, 
Amen!! 
 

Until next time, 

~Kerrington 


No comments:

Post a Comment