Friday, March 06, 2015

Women Empowering Women {Day Three}


Written by: Luisa Parish



I am in a funk! 
I could list multiple reasons that would contribute to my mood. Could be the piles of snow and -50 degree weather that is keeping my children and I indoors most days. Maybe the constant illnesses that seem to follow us everywhere we go and leave me feeling exhausted most days. Maybe it’s my children as they exercise their free will and push every button they can find; which leads to my inability to balance grace and discipline. I sometimes forget the dreams that God has given me so long ago and feel trapped because I can’t make those dreams come true at this time in life.
All of the above makes me feel like a failure.

Sound familiar?
As I stop to reevaluate my current state I realized one very important thing, my relationship with Christ has gone stale. 


I have entered a state of helplessness, sadness, frustration, exhaustion and at times anger mainly because I have forgotten my true love and his promises. 
Isaiah 40:31

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
 
Psalm 46
God is our refuge and strength…
 
Psalm 28:7-8
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. The Lord is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.
 
James 1:2-3
Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance
 
 
When we separate ourselves from God, the giver of life, we find ourselves in a funk. It’s hard to be loving, gracious, joyful, forgiving, patient, full of life when we are separated from our roots.
 
John 15:4-6
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.
 
Now what?
I know that I personally have to stop dragging my feet, to stop watching endless TV on Netflix and complaining about things that I myself can change. I need to make the choice to live according to God’s plan. He has already given us instructions in his word. Regardless of how I feel I need to make a choice and act. I want to be free of this depressive state; I want new fresh dreams and a sense of purpose.
So let’s take it! He’s offering it to all of us! He sent his son so we can live!
 
John 10:10
I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
 
It’s a choice only you can make and one that will take work! You will need his strength to achieve this. Ask Him! Seek Him! Chase Him!
 
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for a hope and a future.
 
Look to His word, there you will find Him calling you to a better way of living. He has great plans for you, to prosper you! Let him help you discover a fresh direction and dreams that will draw you closer to him!
 
1 Corinthians 10:31
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

About Luisa: 
 


Luisa Parish is married to her handsome husband Corey for almost 6 years! They currently reside in Sudbury Ontario where Corey is the associate pastor at New Sudbury Pentecostal Church. They have two gorgeous and very active children. She loves to sing, read, have random dance parties with her kids and has a very large sweet tooth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment