Sunday, February 01, 2015

{Mrs.Shaw}

 

I fell head over heals in love with Jesus on May 14, 2010 at a youth conference in Waterloo. It was in that special moment that I dedicated every aspect of my young life to God. I was unsure what this entailed but it felt so right. Each and every day after school I got my chocolate snack and ran to my bedroom desk to begin reading God's word. The excitement of living for God consumed my life. 

2 Corinthians 6:14 (ESV)

The Temple of the Living God
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 

My journal was one of the most important things to me. It held each and every prayer, and my experiences with the Lord. One evening I was praying for my future husband. I was single and did not have a special interest in a young man yet. In my prayer journal, I made a precise list of all the characteristics that I wanted my husband to have. I totally believe that a husband and wife should be on the same page when it comes to God. 2 Corinthians 6:14 lays it out well when it comes to marriage. After reading this passage, I made sure that my husband was going to be a Christian. Because I am passionate about sharing my romance story with all of you, I am going to share my list. 
 
-Godly
-tall
-blonde
-blue eyes
-funny
-handsome
-rich (I was in grade 9 okay!) 
-loving
-responsible
-oldest child in family
-loves kids
-plays guitar (to bond with my dad) 

I prayed a special prayer for my husband and that was it. Nothing crazy happened the next day. A handsome twenty year old did not throw rocks at my bedroom window in the middle of the night. A man did not text me that evening proclaiming his love for me. I did not know anyone that fit my specific criteria. So what next? Wait. 

I faithfully attended the "Unshakable" youth group at my church and grew tremendously in my relationships. New friendships were designed by God and I loved it! I gained many friends but my very close friends were Elizabeth, Branden and Aryn. We started hanging out as a group and over time Aryn and I grew closer and closer. (My dad didn't like how my best friend was male but he thought great things about Aryn!) 



Throughout our friendship, our pastor's wife said to me "Rachel, you're going to marry Aryn one day!" I thought she was crazy! 


Time went on as I waited for my dream man that God would put into my life. Little did I know, he was already there as my best friend. Our friendship blossomed into something I could never have imagined. We started to fall in love. 


Aryn matured into a wonderful man who I couldn't stop thinking about! It was so unexpected yet so awesome. We dated throughout high school and got married soon after. 

I was amazed how God heard and answered my prayers. Aryn grew into a man that fit EVERY characteristic on my list (except rich but now I realize that wasn't important lol) 
 
Matthew 6:33 (ESV)
"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."


I share this romance story often because I want it to encourage all of you. Young boys and girls, God cares about your heart and well being. He wants to be involved in every aspect in your life including your love story. 


He cares deeply about your relationships and wants to be glorified in each of them. I cherish my special journal from grade 9 that had my special "husband list" in it. 



 
It holds so many memories and reminds me that God listens and knows my heart.
 
 
Until Next Time,
 
~Mrs.Shaw ❤


2 comments:

  1. Dearest Mrs. Shaw (BELLA!!!!!), .....what a truly loving, inspirational post. You are such an amazing example of what God can do in the life of a young lady who puts her WHOLE TRUST in Him. I pray MANY young girls read your words, and follow your example. Proverbs 3:6... "In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." God bless you and your darling Aryn richly. <3 xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rachael. The Lord has truly blessed you kids. Love you. Don & Terry.

    ReplyDelete