Friday, February 06, 2015

{Mrs.McCurdy}

 



I just want to start by saying thank-you to Kerrington 
for this opportunity to share my love story!


Jamie and I met at General Amherst High school in 1994.
We had social-studies class together and that's where we began talking and getting to know each other. 

The summer of 1994 Jamie decided to move to British Columbia with his dad. Before he left we had grown pretty close to each other and
I was very sad that he was leaving. 

So a year had passed and life moved on or so I thought.
To my surprise I heard Jamie was back in town,
I never realized I would be so excited to hear this news.
I called all my friends and told them we were going out tonight. Jamie was back in town. I had to see him!!!





That's when our love story truly began.
So for the next five years Jamie and I went on a journey together. I was 17 and he was 20. We had our many ups and downs, we broke up a few times but, in the midst of all that...
I grew very close to Jamie's mom, Sherry. 
 
I had never met anyone like her before, there was something different about her and I wanted to know what it was.
She was always so loving and kind, she had this glow about her I had never seen before. 

As we grew closer, she shared with me her love for Jesus.
I was amazed at her stories and her grace, how she would spend hours just talking with me about God and how much Jesus loves me. After Jamie and I had been together about four years, we broke up for a period of seven months. 
 
...I was completely heart broken, I got very sick and emotionally unstable. 
During that time, is when I decided to give my life to Jesus. 
 
Wow!! How my life began to change. 
I learned how to pray, how to enter into God's presence,
I was so on fire for God there was no stopping me.
I knew Jamie was the one for me and that God had a plan for us. Over those seven months apart every where I went
I would see him, we would talk and smile and then carry on our separate ways. 




Finally it was in March of 1999, that we got back together and I told Jamie how God had changed my life and that God wanted to change his life. Over the next little while
Jamie came to Christ and I asked him to marry me!!  
 



WOW! ...right A girl asking a guy to marry her?!
Well, that's what happened in our love story,
He said yes and we got married on October 9, 1999.
We have been on an incredible journey together,
we now have 2 children and will celebrate our 16 year anniversary this October. 
 


God is so Merciful and kind and
He has a plan for everybody even if you don't know Him yet...



 
Oh! And by the way Jamie took me to Cozumel for our 15th wedding anniversary and asked me to marry him all over again...
Of course I said "YES!!!" ;)


 

 
 Until Next Time,

 
~Mrs.McCurdy❤

No comments:

Post a Comment