Thursday, June 19, 2014

I dare you to...Love Yourself!



Good Morning Ladies!! 
Welcome to Day 5 of dare to change :) 
This has already been an incredible and very powerful past few days...but today is another very important topic and that is the topic of...'Loving Yourself.' 



Dare of the Day:
I dare you to... Love Yourself.
 
Loving yourself is a hard thing to do with the media telling us what we should look like. They are constancy showing us models of the “right size” or having the “perfect body’’ or even having a “flawless complexion”. In the process, they are trying to mold and make us into “perfect’’ beings.
However, we are already imperfect. But God made us perfect in His sight. We were model after Him! In His image! Straight from his own heart!  We are beautiful and flawless in His eyes. Doesn’t that make you feel special? You don’t have to prove you’re beautiful. You already are. You are a beautiful creation.
Loving yourself is also having confidence in who you are. We are founded on Christ. We already have a strong foundation... We just need to add some windows to let His light shine through. But sometimes our foundation seems sticky and muddy when the media comes knocking at our door. But we can stand stronger by making our mindsets stronger. Believing in what is true, just by looking from a different vantage point. From the media...to God. 
We can get a head start in making our foundation stronger by reading God’s word. It is the living breath of God.  It has all the tools we need. Here is one for us today...


Verse of the Day: 
 
Today’s verses are found in Psalm 139:13-14. They read...
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I Praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well”.
Did you read that? We are FEARFULLY and WONDERFULLY made.  And we know without a shadow of a doubt that Gods works are wonderful. God stood before time, before He laid the foundations of the earth, and He had YOU in mind. He made you for a purpose. We are destined for amazing things. If we don’t love ourselves.... 
We don’t love God’s creation. We believe the lie that has taken our generation and held us captive. We were born butterflies, created to be free.

Loving ourselves is hard when we’re listening to the media, but #Nowisthetime 

Action Plan of the Day: 
 
Today I dare you to change how you view yourself. I dare you to speak/declare some words over your life daily. For a month. It takes 30 days to create a habit, and this is one we need to practice. Look into the mirror and say them like you mean it. They are very true! Loving ourselves starts with a change of mindset. Exchanging ours for Gods.
 
1) I am BEAUTIFUL!
 
 2) I have AMAZING POTENTIAL
 
3) I am SMART! I'm not dumb!
 
4) I am of GREAT WORTH
 
5) I am SPECIAL in God's eyes!
 
6) I am NOT a mistake, I'm CREATED on PURPOSE!
 
7) I am a ROYAL DAUGHTER of the King!
 
8) God ALWAYS loves me! No matter what!!
 
Join us on instagram as we share some verse, quotes and more about changing our mindsets about love. Please feel free to share with us! Dont forget to hashtag #Nowisthetime.

Changing our generation.. one mindset at a time.
Until Next Time, 
 
~Bethany  

No comments:

Post a Comment