Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Secret Place

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty."
(Psalm 91:1)

We all have that place where we can instantly meet with God.
Mine happens to be, 
in my room in my little comfy corner, 
with my Lamp, brown leather chair, 
& cozy cream blanket! 

"Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always."
(Psalm 105:4) 

If I ever need to just talk to God 
or just sit with him before I start my day... All I do is, shut my door, 
turn on some soft worship music 
& sit in that chair. 
I then instantly get carried into that 
"secret place" where I meet with my Heavenly Father face-to-face. 
A place where I can pray, worship, 
& be filled by the Holy Spirit. 

It's a place of peace, strength & refuge for me. 
If I've had a rough day or 
something has shaken me up a bit. 
I run to that chair & I seek his face. 

"...He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."
(Psalm 91:2) 

One time, recently when I was sitting with The Lord (in my chair.) 
He showed me that I didn't need that corner to get to that secret place with him. 
But, then I thought to myself that's my escape route into the 
secret place, God! 
How will I ever get to you?! 

He then showed me that, 
I carry my secret place with me. 
Wherever I go, whatever I am doing. I can instantly get into that place of peace & refuge. 
You don't need that chair to lock yourself in with The Lord. 
You can simply stop & say...

"Ok God, I need to see your face right now. Give me the strength & peace that I need right now, to carry on. Holy Spirit come & change the atmosphere. Take me to the secret place." 

"In Your presence Lord
I will find my strength.
You're the breath in me,
You're my everything.
With my heart bowed low
And my hands held high.
All consuming fire
You're my one desire."
-Kari Jobe  

Take a moment right now & enter into your secret place. 
Whether it be at home in your room, or in the bathroom stall at school 
or the lunch room at work. 
Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, enter into Him & seek His face...Enter into that secret place :) 

Until next time, 

Kerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment