Thursday, January 30, 2014

Faith...Like a Pre-teen??

This passed Sunday at my Church 
I had an awesome opportunity to go help teach in an older classroom!
 What a treat it was just to sit & watch these pre-teens be touched. 

As we started getting into the lesson, 
The Head-Teacher started feeling things in the Prophetic & we moved right into a healing movement! 
(How awesome is that, my 1st Sunday in this classroom...yay!!) 

He then started to call different body parts that were in need of healing, almost every kid stood up in that room, with Faith in their eyes that they would walk out of that classroom healed!! 

As I sat & watched each one get prayer, 
I was so touched at how they were so up for it...you would think pre-teens wouldn't be, but these kids were totally ready to receive the healing that was meant for them!! 
What an amazing sight to see :) 

He kept praying for each student, & 
I even got the opportunity to pray with some of the young girls, all they really needed was just a simple hug, no words, just a quiet, tender hug. 
A shoulder to cry on. 

I then dropped my cell-phone that I was taking notes on & embraced these girls into my arms. 
I couldn't hold them tight enough, 
the Love that came down, 
was so sweet...
I even got touched by it! 


This is one of the main reasons I look forward to becoming a 
Children's Pastor almost everyday. 
To be able to show the Love of Christ to these babies, kiddos, & preteens!

The sentence that usually comes out of my mouth when I talk about becoming a children's pastor is 
"Oh, I can't wait!!" 
Yes, of course I can't wait for that actually to happen, but why wait?!

You can show the Love of Christ to these kiddos when you are only there teacher/helper.
No need to be a Pastor for that!! 

One day I will become that Children's Pastor that is always in the back of my mind, no doubt about it, but I am starting now to be that helper that the kiddos can run to when they need prayer or just a simple hug!! 
I want to be that "safe place." 

Like last night, in our Kids ministry 
I help out with on Wednesdays... 
One of the kiddos couldn't stop hugging me, makes me wanna cry. 
I seriously had tear filled eyes 
last night because of it! 

I am truly blessed to be able to work with these kids! 

Thanks for reading,
I hope you are touched by it! 

Until Next time, 
 
 
~Kerrington 


2 comments:

  1. Awe struck..... Father God showed up strong and you obeyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading!! :)
      Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete