Friday, January 23, 2015

Have a little bit of...FAITH!


As I sat and watched a sweet dear friend of mine and her just as sweet boy-friend chat about their future life together, they looked into each other's eyes with such a sacrificial kind of love. Not the kind of love in books or movies, but the real thing. The kind that gives butterflies and makes you want to smile all the time. 

As this young couple is currently heading into their courtship, something struck me...A spirit of 'jealousy' started to creep in slowly, onto my heart. 

This girl, had the perfect-ideal kinda guy. 
A guy who was willing to do anything for her...wait on her hand and foot, if she wanted! ;) A guy who was a strong man of faith in Jesus Christ his Lord and Saviour. 

She had the guy, who was willing to wait for her. No matter how long the wait maybe. He was willing to work hard, just so that he could have her in his arms forever. He was a young man of integrity and of respect. (Something only a few precious Young men, have these days) 

When I started thinking about all of this, 
I was promptly reminded of the verse 
Genesis 29:20. It reads...
"Jacob served seven years for his Rachel and they seemed to him, but only a few days because of his true-passionate love for her." 

When I watch these young in-love couples get all super-sweet and mushy in front of me, I do have to say...there is always a part of me that's almost envious at times. Of course, that is not at all the way I should be feeling...but I'm human. 

As I prayed about all of these feelings 
in my quiet time the other day, 
I truly kept hearing the words
"Just have a little bit of...FAITH!!" 

I was puzzled and questioned this for a little bit, then dug deep into His word! 

Without any delay, before you even knew it, Matthew 8:26 popped into mind, 
"Why are you afraid?! 
You have SO little faith...!" 

Yes Young Ladies, Why are we so afraid of letting go of our earthly love life 
and giving it completely to God?! 
Why do we have so little faith..? 

We serve a God who sees the desires of our hearts and wants to make everything come true :) Even that BIG romantic fairy-tale dream wedding!!! All in HIS time! 

"Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart." 
-Psalm 37:4 

So today, take a step with me and give it to God! I know the wait feels long...but with God by your side, anything is possible!! 

Until Next Time,

~Kerrington 



No comments:

Post a Comment