Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The 'Secret' Place



"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty."
(Psalm 91:1)

We all have that one place where we can instantly meet with God. Mine just happens to be, in my bed-room in my little comfy corner, with my Lamp, brown leather chair, and super cozy cream blanket! 

"Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always."
(Psalm 105:4) 

If I ever need to just talk to God 
or just sit with him before I start my busy day... All I do is, shut my door, 
turn on some soft worship music 
And sit in that chair. 
I then, Am instantly carried into that 
"secret place" where I meet with my Heavenly Father face-to-face. 
A place where I can pray, worship, 
and be filled by the Holy Spirit. 

It's a place of peace, complete strength and of refuge for me. If I've had a rough day or something has shaken me up a bit. I run to that chair and I simply seek his face. 

"...He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."
(Psalm 91:2) 

One time, recently when I was sitting with The Lord (in my chair ;)) He spoke to me and made me aware, that I didn't need that corner or even that chair to get to that secret place within Him. But, then I thought to myself... that's my only escape route into the secret place, God! 
How will I ever get to you?! 

He then showed me that, 
I carry my secret place with me. 
Wherever I go, whatever I am doing. I can instantly get into that place of peace and refuge. You don't need a comfy chair or cozy blanket to lock yourself in with The Lord. You can simply stop & say...

"Okay God, I need to see your face right now. Give me the strength and peace that I need right now, to carry on. Holy Spirit come and change the atmosphere around me. Take me to the secret place." 

"In Your presence Lord
I will find my strength.
You're the breath in me,
You're my everything.
With my heart bowed low
And my hands held high.
All consuming fire
You're my one desire."
-Kari Jobe  

Take a moment right now and enter into your secret place. Whether it be at home in your room, or in the bathroom stall at school or the lunch room at work. 
Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, enter into Him and simply seek His face...Enter into that secret place, today. 

Until next time, 

~Kerrington 

No comments:

Post a Comment